Monday, April 18, 2011

5 Things That Motivate Me

It's been at least 2 weeks since I've blogged last.  What happened? Where did my motivation go? I could make excuses and say "I've been busy" or "I have nothing to say", but both are lame attempts (for myself) to mask what is really a lack of discipline.  Of course, no one is pushing me to blog, there is no deadline, and more so there isn't even any monetary gain from doing it. But, I honestly want to do it--to blog. So, I took a quick look at things that motivate me in life and hope to use those to motivate me to blog.

1. Sunshine.  
    The power of sunlight is extraordinary. I feel "alive" when days are bright and the sun is clear.

2. Inspiration.
    Often I am surprised by what inspires me because it comes without seeking it. Those moments when you walk away and find yourself moving a little faster or lighter; I call that inspiration.

3. Support.
    Probably one of the biggest motivators for me is support.  Studies have shown that people live healthier lives when they are supported and encouraged in their daily activities. Why do you think they have things called "Support Groups"!

4. Exercise/Fresh Air/Outdoors
   I lumped those all together because I feel they go hand-in-hand.  They can be separated, but usually they end up going all together for me. There is something in nature that motivates me. Maybe it's more that it gives me a fresh outlook on things and from there I find myself being able to think clearer.

5. Passions/Hobbies/Interests
    Like the category above this, these are similar.  For example, I am passionate about food and travel, to name a couple. These are my "go to" items. I can almost always talk about these two items and do it with fervor.

Do you have something that motivates you? If so, please share. I would love to know.

~Reggie
    
     
    

1 comment:

  1. Helpful article, Reggie. All of the above things motivate me. I will have to think and see if I can come up with anything else.

    Something that helps me is to have a list of posts I want to write and a deadline. Also I do at least one meme each week, Friday's Fave Five. It helps keep me motivated to post.

    Hope you find something that helps keep you motivated to write as I enjoy reading your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete