Monday, August 15, 2011

The 2AM blog

After at least a month of no writing on here, I find myself up at 2 o'clock in the morning and restless. Maybe it was the I-ordered-small-but-they-gave-me-medium ice latté late in the afternoon or the tall glass of  Paradise sun tea I had with dinner....and because it tasted so good, why not have another one with the late movie you stayed up to watch.  Did I mention that the movie was action packed and somewhat stressful??  So, here I am up in what should be good sleeping time Googling "caffeine hangover" and wondering if I'm getting too old and can't handle the stuff. :(

I will admit that I have missed blogging.  After all the self-imposed hoopla, it kind of fizzled out, but not for lack of wanting to blog. I think I got lost in the "what to blog about" part that it overshadowed the "just do it" part. Couple all that in with my unstructured, somewhat overwhelmed self and it just fell to the wayside.

So, what's next? I'm not exactly sure. There are moments when the light bulb goes off over my head and a great idea comes to mind. Maybe I should run with those..... There is one thought that keeps coming back to me and that is that life is short.  Yeah, it's a cliché, but it's starting to feel real.  At this point in life, I want to say, "Hey, can we slow down? I feel like I just got here and the party is half over!".  One thing is for sure, I don't want to live my life with regrets or fears. I want to live it to the full extent of what God created it/me for.

I think I have successfully wore myself out so that sleep should soon ensue.  I sure hope so....

~Reggie

No comments:

Post a Comment