Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Food, food, glorious food!

No, I'm not quoting a line from  Dilbert or the song from the musical Oliver!.  In pondering my daily thoughts, I realize that much of my day is surrounded by food. Granted, it is the sustaining element to keep one healthy and alive, but it's more than that.  Food is comfort; it's a relationship; it's (a foundation for) a relationship with others; it's work; it's celebration; it can be an enemy and yet without it we will die. I thoroughly enjoy food and believe it's one of those things that God gave us to enjoy. At this point I could talk about changes in food over the history of time and such, but that is really for another time.

As a food aficionado, I often admire the subject on my plate or in my cup or the ones grandfully displayed in window and upon farmer's market table, so much so that I like to capture their image for future admiration and memory. With that said, a quick peruse of hundreds, possibly thousands of pictures from just the last year or so proved my photography food fetish to be correct. So, I compiled (and condensed) a little album of sorts to let pictures speak for themselves.

Bon appétit!

Reggie


4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Jenny! I finally got the video to fully load. I had some technical difficulties in the beginning. (I think I enjoyed a few of those food with you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the slide show!! Nicely done! Cooking and eating food with friends is a favorite pass time of mine too. Besides doing dishes and exercising that is just about my entire life. Life is good.

    ReplyDelete